Thursday, April 10, 2008

Farewell...

Mr Tony… my Father, my Teacher and my Mentor in life, is no longer with us. That’s the reason the blog was off line these last days, due to my Father’s illness, that lasted only 16 days in the hospital. A Greek hospital run by the famous "Greek National Health System", that doesn’t care at all about people dieing! The doctors in one of the supposed "best" state hospital my Dad was in, have not been paid for more than 5 months. That has a result of a continuous strike situation, with no doctors available in the hospital and my Dad waiting in pain for 10 days with no exam taking place... Who’s fault is it? Are the doctors silent murderers? or is it our government to blame? I will choose the second option and stick with it for the rest of my life, without saying that the doctors are innocent of course! Unfortunately my dad would not have made it anyway. Cancer is still out there killing us all, and my dad gave an unequal battle, since his cells were still in great shape, allowing his illness to grow very fast, although his age wouldn’t normally allow that to happen.

Goodbye Dad, you are the most important person in my life and will always remain that way in my heart. I’m sure you deserve a great place in heaven, as you were the best husband I ever saw and the best caring dad on this planet.

Thank you for teaching me all I know and giving me a strong and steady base to keep on going on this weird world. I will try to do my best 'till we meet again sometime, somewhere…

P.S: I will soon be back with you all.

6 comments:

Marcelo Monzón said...

Sorry for my English, but I am Argentinean and never studied the language.
I am very sorry for the loss of your father.
The most appalling is that there is a situation in which one can not finish his days in peace because of the bad politics of our leaders.

I’m so sorry.

Go ahead.

Saul Bernal a.k.a. Colectivo Parasol said...

I´m really sorry about your lost.

Alex said...

ta therma mou syllipitiria Taki.
Lypamai poly.

Anonymous said...

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. It sounds like he was a very great man.

Anonymous said...

I've always stopped by your site for the work you've selected. You're entry about your father really touched me. You can truly sense the love and bond between the two of you. I'm sorry to hear. Your anger and love comes from such a true place... it's beautiful and touching.

Anonymous said...

I lived a similar situation a year ago with my loved mother. I´m with you my friend. God bless your old man.